"Market in the year you live in.”
I know this may sound a bit harsh, but I truly believe the average real estate agent in our area is marketing and advertising their client’s property as if it were 1996. It’s not for a lack of effort or advertising dollars… it’s just a lack of knowledge, practitionership, and the will to evolve with the times. We are currently living through a MASSIVE shift in consumer behavior, one that began with the birth of the internet and is now growing through smart phones and social media. When it comes down to it, your agent should be spending all of his or hers time and resources understanding where a buyer’s ATTENTION is, and deploying all of their marketing efforts towards those platforms. And right now those platforms are - Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Facebook and Instagram.
How I market your home… for today’s buyer:
- Zillow and Trulia Premier Listing Placement
- com Premier Listing Placement
- Specific and consistent targeted Ads for Facebook and Instagram
- Facebook video and Instagram video stories, with walk-throughs of your listing
- Professional photography for every listing
- Drone photography and video when warranted
- Dedicated professional graphic designer for all marketing materials
- Mass email blasts to all Realtor colleagues in our MLS
- 80% of all home buyers are searching online - Not newspapers, not driving down streets and looking for ‘For Sale’ signs. No, buyers are looking online for their future homes and they want to know every detail possible about the home before they go see it in person.
- Gen. Y accounts for 68% of all first time home buyers – That’s more than half! Understanding the Gen. Y and millennial market is key, especially as they’re getting ready to buy their first homes.
- 52% of all home buyers used an iPhone in their home search – It’s time to optimize your mobile presence! More and more buyers are using their phones to research homes for sale.
- Only 9% of realtors use social media to market their listings – Another mind-blowing stat. Why is this so low? While I’m not advocating to use social media as the sole place to market your listing, it’s one of the best methods for getting the word out there.
- 42% of buyers’ first step was looking online for a home - Can’t stress this enough. The market has shifted and more and more buyers are turning to their computer and mobile devices to do their real estate research.
*STATS via contactually.com
Buyers are coming to our area from all over–Idaho ranked #1 in the United States for “Percentage Growth” in population in 2017.
“Communication is the key to a good relationship.”
Studies say the biggest complaints sellers have while listing their home is not hearing from their agent enough throughout the selling process. Deciding to sell your home is a big decision and can sometimes be a stressful one…being left in the dark throughout the process is never a good thing.
With me, you can be sure to:
- Have your phone calls answered, or returned promptly
- Receive proactive calls, texts, emails with updates and showing feedback
- Get bi-weekly online listing reports emailed with traffic and details about how many people have viewed your home on the internet
To find out more about selling your home, click here